The Government of India has established uniform standardized rules and regulations for metrology laws in India. Since in India the sector of metrology has not been recognized to such an extent that it can flourish dynamically, the government of India in the year 2009 gave a new turn in the metrology sector by establishing the Legal Metrology Act, 2009 along with various rules and package labeling laws in India.
We at ELT Corporate are one of the leading legal metrology registration consultants in India and had been dealing with packing license registration, packing license in any part of the country. Our motive is to impart as much knowledge and render our services, say for example to guide people to obtain a packing license in Kerala in South to Packing License in Delhi in North. Our services can be easily availed through our website legalmetrologyindia.com or the contact number provided therein. We are just a call away!
This article drafted by our team of legal metrology experts majorly focuses on the packing license in Kerala and how to get done with the packing license registration in Kerala and how to obtain the packing license in Kerala. This article is all about the packing license in legal metrology in Kerala. Our team has laid emphasis on the key process followed in legal metrology in Kerala.
- To start with, the first and foremost important step to obtain a packing license in Kerala is to obtain an LMPC Registration certificate in Kerala and get done with all the compliance for the registration process.
- Any person whether a manufacturer, dealer, or repairer found to be dealing in any packing of any pre-packaged commodity without having any valid license issued by the legal metrology officer, then such person will be held guilty of committing an offence and will be punishable under law.
What Is a Pre-packaged Commodity?
Pre-packaged commodities have been defined in section 2(L) of the Legal Metrology Act, 2009. A pre-packaged commodity as the name suggests is a commodity that has already been packed before it reaches the consumer for consumption or usage. The quantity is already pre-determined before sealing the product. Such products/commodities/packages bear a principal display panel that reflects all the required information on it pertaining to the said commodity.
The Process for Obtaining Packing License in Kerala
Mandatory Documents required
- Online Application
- Receipt of license fee payment
- License fee payment of Rs. 5515/-
- Trade license issued by local body
- Rental or lease agreement of the premises
- Taxpaying receipt
- Model approval by any government approved test center
- Identity proof
- Make an online application to the concerned assistant controller of the concerned district.
- Make the necessary payment prescribed.
- Submit all the supporting documents required
- Verification of the supporting documents by the concerned legal metrology officer.
- Approval of the application by the metrology officer concerned
- If something mysterious is found then the metrology officer can also reject the application after giving a valid reason.
- License can be downloaded online.
The entire process of registration and granting of license should be completed within 60 working days and the status of the application can be checked online.
The applications along with the prescribed fees should be submitted to the Assistant Controller (Flying Squad) of the district concerned.
The concept of legal metrology is one vast ocean of knowledge and implementation. Many of the people in the country have the very least knowledgeable when it comes to metrology departments in India. To avoid such strenuous and complicated online procedures, we at ELT Corporate recommend all the legal metrology users in Kerala to get themselves registered by some experienced professionals to avoid any future mishaps and any such grave consequences that can lead to fines and punishments in the future. Our team by god’s grace has rendered innumerable consultations and has done registrations for our clients located in each and every corner of the country. Our feedback and reviews shared by our clients have given us so much motivation and encouragement in our beautiful journey to date. We wish to impart more and more of our services effectively and smoothly to each and every person that comes across us. Please feel free to reach out to us in case any of you need our assistance in legal metrology consultations, Legal Metrology packing license in Kerala, or any part of the country.